Stracciatella Ice Cream with Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 8 servings
- 2 13-14 ounce can Nature's Charm whipping cream
- 2-4 tablespoons of coconut sap sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 14-ounce can of Nature's Charm coconut condensed milk
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Refrigerate the cans of full fat coconut milk overnight.
- Place a large metal bowl and electric beaters from your hand mixer in the freezer for one hour before preparing the whipped cream.
- Open the cold can of coconut whipping cream without shaking it. Remove the coconut cream solids only into the cold mixing bowl avoiding any of the liquid.
- Using an electric mixer with the chilled beaters, beat the coconut cream on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat another minute.
- Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Add the condensed milk and salt and beat again to medium peaks, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the ice cream base into a glass baking dish, flattening the top with a spatula. Cover the surface of the base with plastic wrap and freeze until it begins to harden, around 2 to 3 hours.
- Place the chocolate chips and oil in a glass measuring cup. Put the measuring cup in the hot water to melt the chocolate, keeps stirring it until the chocolate is melted. When the ice cream is almost frozen. Drizzle the surface with some of of the melted chocolate, then stir the chocolate into the ice cream. Repeat, drizzling more chocolate and stirring it into the ice cream, until all the chocolate has been added and the ice cream is flecked with bits of frozen chocolate.
- Cover the surface of the Stracciatella with a layer of plastic wrap and freeze until hardened.
- When serving the ice cream, you can top with different vegan sauces of your choice.