Blueberry Coconut Ice Cream
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 cups Nature’s Charm evaporated coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup coconut sap sugar
- A big squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Pour into a container and chill overnight.
Instructions for using an ice cream maker:
- Once the mixture is chilled, you simply need to add it to your ice cream machine, following the manufacturer's instructions. Once churned, add to a shallow, freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Instructions without using an ice cream maker:
- If you have a stand mixer with a metal bowl, you can freeze the bowl overnight and "churn" the ice cream using the paddle attachment.
- Otherwise, you will need to whisk the mixture well before freezing it and may need to check on it a couple of times and whisk again to add lot's of air to it and prevent it turning icy.