Lemon Coconut Slices
Serves: 6 serving
For the base
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Charm condensed coconut milk
- 125g vegan butter
- 205g packet of arrowroot biscuits
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
For the cream topping
- 2-3 cups of icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 heaped vegan butter
- a few tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- Heat the butter with the condensed coconut milk in a saucepan until well combined.
- Place the arrowroot biscuits in a blender or crumb by hand. Then add in the lemon rind and desiccated coconut. Mix well and press into a pan and refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
- Make the cream topping by softening the butter and combine with sifted icing sugar and lemon juice until the mixture thickens. Add more icing if it is too liquid.
- Scoop/pour on top of the firm biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Top generously with coconut and place in the fridge to firm. Cut into small squares.